In This Entry: I spend over $2k of someone else’s money.
I was told we have 24 hours to spend $25k but I can’t possibly spend that much on things we won’t need so we went through the darkroom during class yesterday and compiled a list of things we needed and proceeded to budget out how we were going to spend so much money on camera equipment. And, NO. Before you ask, we are not (as much as I want to…) buying a palette of Nikon D5100‘s and Canon T3i‘s. We don’t do digital and (sadly) won’t have any use for them.
Anyway, back on topic: As usual, the folks over at Mike’s Quality Camera were extremely helpful and patient in helping me compile together the list and prices. Here’s the breakdown:
- 8 bricks (10 rolls per brick) of Kodak Tri-X 400 36-exposure film rolls = $461.60
- 10 bricks (10 rolls per brick) of Kodak Tri-X 400 24-exposure film rolls = $488.00
- 6 magnification 8x optical loupes (for use with negatives on the light tables in the classroom) = $59.94
- 10 EIKO PH/140 enlarger bulbs = $199.99
- 125 PrintFile negative sleeves = $64.95
- 10 packs of tongs for chemical changes for the paper = $59.50
- 3 rubber squeegees for film = $38.85
- 7 KALT red safelight bulbs (just in case those amber filters are killing our prints) = $104.93
- Bright Lab jumbo red safelight = $38.99
- 2 Canon EF 50mm fixed f/1.8 lenses = $279.98
- 2 Canon EF 75-300mm lenses = $399.98
GRAND TOTAL = $2196.71
So… What did you guys do today? :p